Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Self Supported Triathlon

Okay, well here's the thing: Cara and I just finished a tri last weekend and we're ready for another. BUT, and that's a big "but", we want to go somewhere for our next one. Since we've spent so much money on our recent vacations, we're hesitant to spent up to a hundred dollars on our next race. Sooooo, we're thinking about doing a self supported race in a cool location. I think it would be really cool to go to Colorado and do a race and maybe call it "In Transit Triathlon". What do you think?? I'm loving it. That way we get travel and triathlon but on our own schedule. Unfortunately there are no races in the Colorado area when we were available to do one. We're thinking about August...who's going with us??!!??!!??!!

I've got the bug, the tri bug that is. I'm gettin' it pretty bad too. I feel like I should get another tri under my belt pretty soon. I'm feeling the tri fever all around me. People like Powerful Peggy and Triboomer are keeping me motivated so much that I feel like I should be in the water, on my bike, or on the pavement all of the time. But not in a bad way, I'm totally pumped! September is just around the corner and I know that marathon training is coming up soon so I'd like to get more tri training in before the season starts. Gosh, life is good. I just love this sport. And I might not be the best but I love it.

I'm planning on doing a 15K pretty soon but it's the same day as a bike rally so I'm kind of torn. Awwww...who cares...it's great to be alive!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Are you doing Run the Rock?

9:12 AM  
Blogger liz said...

sounds like a super cool idea Elizabeth. wish i could join you. Colorado is one of my favorite spots. you guys are going to have so much fun ! you have a great attitude. good luck !!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Peggy Dyer said...

BRING IT ON!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home