Thursday, June 29, 2006

If you don't succeed, tri, tri again...

Well, this past Tuesday was quite interesting. Cara and I did our normal Tuesday open water swim and trail run, except this time we had company. Jetpack (Tyler) from New Jersey came to Texas for a training visit and he met up with us at the lake. He's a fellow Triscooper. Lucky for me, he gave me some new pointers on my swim technique that I'm very excited to try out. I actually started implementing them in the water on Tuesday and felt a major difference in my energy conservation. It seems as though I was keeping my head poised out of the water when I would turn for air. He told me to rotate my body rather than my head and that seemed to work really well. I've read that in so many books but I guess its much easier to understand when someone is there instructing you. So, Jetpack, if you read this, thanks. You've given me a whole new reason to get back in the water...I have a ray of hope to make it through another race. Just when I was really giving up on the swim idea, he gave me really great advice. So this week's lesson: If you don't succeed, tri, tri again!!! You'll get there; it just takes lots and lots of practice. Not just practice but practice the right way, with good techniques and even better spirits!!!

Other than that, work outs are as scheduled. I'm going to Arkansas for the holiday weekend and plan on taking my bike, hopefully. So I should get some good rides and runs in while I'm there. We're going to the lake on the 4th I think, so there's an open water swim calling my name. Yea!! My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!! I'm off...

Here's a picture of Me, Cara, and Jetpack after our workout. We went to Big Buck Steakhouse for an after workout beer and burger. Mmmmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Have a good weekend.

Swimming is so much technique and it take perfect practice to make perfect swim stroke.

Stay tuned...

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home