Monday, June 26, 2006

This Weekend's Adventures

Well, this weekend's workouts went really well if I do say so myself. I only ran but I realized this weekend how theraputic running is for me. I added some abnormal running music to my MP3 and took off. I just zoned out and ran! Some of the newest, unusual featured songs on my MP3 this weekend were: Ella Fitzgeral, Aretha Franklin, Glenn Miller, Louis Armstrong, Bach, Rossini, and Beethoven. Yes, I know, those aren't your usual running tunes, but for some reason they really suited me this weekend. I completely organized my thoughts while running on my old trail that I miss so much. The days this weekend were perfect, a little hot, but perfect. I loved the energy I got when "Natural Woman" was playing in my headphones. And of course I had to bump it up a notch when "William Tell Overture" came on. One great thing about this sport is you get to have "you" time, which is so important to one's health. So running is definitely a good thing. Looks like I have an open water swim and run scheduled for tomorrow. Be sure and check out our SHOW 6! It's a doozey! Okay, I'm off...

3 Comments:

Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

I love it when I load my iPod with new tunes. It makes me want to work out that much more.

Stay tuned...

4:28 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I couldn't agree more, 'Boomer!

7:05 PM  
Blogger liz said...

that sounds like an interesting music combo. i'm sure it was relaxing. running is theraputic for me as well.

by the way, i finally got a comfy saddle. i'll have to email you guys about it !

- liz from florida
http://speedvegan.com

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home