Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Back to Bricks

Well, vacation is over and bricks are back in my life again! That's a good thing I think; I've missed the regular routine that I've been neglecting recently. This afternoon I did an open water swim and trail run. I've done many trail hikes in my day but never a run so it was a nice change of pace from the big city. Being in nature is one of my favorite things and today was no exception. As you'll hear from show 6, I'm trying to focus more on the strengths of my sporting (cycling and running) and less on the weaknesses (swimming). I guess I'm already aware of the fact that I'm not the world's best swimmer and I'm okay with that. SO, I've decided to try to improve and do what I can, the best I can. What more can a girl do?! I feel that it's hindering my fun factor of the sport and I don't want to do that so I'm going to work on new focuses: my strengths. =)

I'm actually considering joining my old running team again; they've recently started pre-season training. I received an email from one of my teammates this week asking if I was interested. I ran a marathon with them and I found them to be extremely motivational and just plain ol' cool. I really enjoy the sport and I never felt more fit than when I was with that team. Sooo, I think I'm going to increase my running again and consider doing more long distance races in the future. Just a thought to toss around! Well, I think that's it for now, I'm off...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Optimism, sweet!

2:25 PM  
Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Welcome back to training.

Stay tuned...

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home