Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Long Weekends Call for Long Workouts

Well, it's true. Long weekends should call for long workouts; however, it never seems to work out that way. I have been working out but I definitely planned on working out more or at least longer. It has been so bloody hot here in Arkansas. Yeah, it's not as hot as Texas, but the humidity here is MURDER!! I still got out there and did it but WOW do I sweat. I have managed to get the workouts in but getting away from home always screws up my workout schedule. The great thing is that I get to run or ride in new spots so the adventure is always nice. And Arkansas certainly is beautiful.

Yesterday was Independence Day so I stayed busy traveling and hanging out with family. It was really great. Everything went well until I decided to eat a piece of cake. I have an allergy to nuts and nine times out of ten there are nuts or nut oils in any kind of dessert. I ALWAYS, ALWAYS ask, or read the box if I'm able to, or just avoid the food all together. However, yesterday, for some strange reason I failed to take the proper care that I usually do. Naturally, the cake that was used contained modified foods that were produced in nut factories. Geeeez!!! Anyway, I ended up laying on my nieces bed just a few moments after my epinephrine shot. I actually felt better a few minutes later, I just HATE having the after-shot shakes and headache. But as the day continued and the rain subsided, the 4th ended up being great! Great food, great people, great fireworks! I just love the feeling of Independence Day! What a great feeling to be an American! So here's a shout out to all those who serve in the United States military and Reserve forces both active and retired. Thank you for all you do and for all you have done for our country!! Happy 4th of July everyone! Now get on your bike and ride!!!!!! I'm off...

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

sorry to hear about the allergic reaction. hope you're all better now !

10:21 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

It's been in the 90's here... but it's a "dry heat" so I've got no excuse! :)

Sorry to hear about the alergic reaction. What a way to put a damper on a day! Bummer!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home