Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Post Race Blues...and Reds

Okay, so the race is over and the results are in. I have both good news and bad news. Good news first (the reds): 1) I didn't drown 2) I substantially decreased my transition times 3) I hit my bike goal 4) and I finished the race with energy to spare!!! I'm proud of myself. The course was extremely fun and the triathletes were great. I felt pumped the entire time!

The bad news (the Blues): 1) my swim time wasn't so good, however, I did feel like I was being a bit held up by the swimmers in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means a great swimmer, but I think I could've gotten a faster time if I would've categorized myself more accurately. 2) I think I talked too much on the run and decreased my run time a bit too much. Like I said, the race was fun and I had a lot of energy. So I was talking to racers throughout the entire race. One guy was walking and I told him to follow me so we could talk to the finish. He ended up running the rest of the way with me, which was at least 2.5 miles. Way to go, Peter!! I think that probably slowed my time a smidge but it was worth getting to know a fellow triathlete. That's one of the best parts about racing in my opinion.

So, my run time wasn't as good as I was hoping but I was still stoked at the finish line and proud of my new-found-friend for finishing with a bang!! I think I'll focus on the positives of this first race of the season and try to improve on my shortcomings for the next race.

Cara and I are recording our second show this evening and also going for a 5 mile run. I took yesterday off from exercising so I'm ready to get going again!! Okay, I'm off...

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Hey, great race... The second podcast was even better than the first!

Keep up the hard work.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I listed to the review of your race. Way to go! Nice job on the podcast!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home