Monday, July 31, 2006

It's H-O-T hot outside, folks!!

So as I've mentioned before, my running has to increase due to marathon training right around the corner. Though I'm still keeping up my tri activities, I am making room for longer runs. For instance, I am still doing bricks until the season is over, but I'm just adding more miles onto the run part. So that's that.

Yesterday I went out for a 6 miler; but without really thinking, I managed to schedule my run at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. And here in Texas guys, it gets really hot. It was around a hundred degrees I'm guessing and I was feeling every drop of sun. My 6 miler ended up being a 4 miler with a nice stop at the dam at the half way point. So note to self: Don't schedule your run in the middle of the day when it's scheduled to be a really HOT day. Aside from the heat, it was a beautiful day. The sun was out, the birds were chirping, and there were fishermen all along the river (some were in the river). I think tonight I'll make my way to the trail...but it will be when the sun goes down.

Happy trails!

1 Comments:

Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Good self-awareness, Elizabeth. Knowing when it was time to take a break and cut the run short was a good idea. Attack the course again when it's not dangerously hot.

Stay tuned...

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home