Saturday, January 13, 2007

I've Turned Into a Squeek Toy!

Here it is, just about four and a half weeks until my half marathon and I’ve come down with laryngitis. I’ve been sick for a little over a week now but I’m improving. I lost my voice around Friday of last week and have been slowly getting it back… very slowly. I turned into a squeek toy for the better part of 4 days. And as you probably could guess, I’m not a very silent person so that’s very difficult for me. As far as training goes, I haven’t ran in about a week. I’m missing it and ready to get back in gear. Yesterday I slowly jogged to my car and I was coughing and out of breath… it was a mere 30 yards from my door. So I might be in trouble. It’s definitely not the time to get out of my training regimen. This is GO TIME and I’ve been sitting on my couch totally thankful for my membership at Blockbuster. Uggg! I think I’m going to give it one more day and be back to my training schedule on Monday. I’m just going to take it easy.

Aside from my illness and lack of training, the weather has been quite atrocious. But as I’ve mentioned before I LOVE running in the weird, awful weather for some reason. I think I’ll be taking that off the list for a week or two though and sticking to the indoor running. I’m not too sure that my lungs can take it. Alas, I carry on… getting back on track and hopefully on my way to more successful running in the upcoming week. Wish me luck.

Here is my schedule for the upcoming week.

Monday--3 miles
Tuesday--3 miles and weights
Wednesday--6 miles
Thursday--3 miles
Friday--Ball exercises
Saturday--12 miles
Sunday--I want to squeeze in a bike ride but who knows with this weather. We'll see.

Okay, I'm off.