Monday, December 11, 2006

Yikes! It's Been a While

Okay, okay... sorry folks. I've been neglecting my blog haven't I? Well, the good news is that I have been getting ready for my next big race coming up in February, so let me tell you all about it. I will be running the Austin Half Marathon with several other triathlete friends of mine and I'm stoked about it!! If anyone wants to meet up with us there, please feel free to contact me and I'll get you our information. It's going to be a BLAST!

So I have lots of news. First, the City of Rome Marathon has been taken off the list of possibilities to run this season. Cara, my friend and podcast partner, has moved to Connecticut and won't be able to get that time off of work, so we have chosen another marathon in the states where it's more conducive to our schedules. Ladies and gentlemen, I announce to you, God willing and health intact, that I will be running the Charlottesville, Virginia Marathon 2007. YEA!!! And though Cara has moved to CT, we will still be doing the show. Luckily for us, the wonderful world of technology has provided us with a means to record over the net. It's really amazing actually. I just love electronics. Speaking of, and total side-note, have you ever been to a Frye's?? Oh my goodness, that place is amazing! Every single electronic you could ever imagine in ONE store the size of a Super Wal-Mart. But I digress...

Anyway, here's a little of what I've been up to since my last entry a month and a half ago. My new job is going really well, thankfully. And since I now live so close to my job, I have much more time to train. GREAT BIG YEA!! And I have been consistently running but I haven't been following the plan (Hal Higdon's) like I should. I haven't been increasing my miles as much as I should, so I've already fallen behind on my schedule. I just need to get in gear and buckle down to my plan. GRRR!!!!!

AND! Guess what?!?! You're not going to believe this. I have a person who said they would coach me with swimming! Yes, Yes, I know you're probably dying right now.... well, maybe not, but I surely am excited. I mean, I hate it still, but at least this way, I might get better and I might start liking it. So I'm pumped. But I won't start that until probably March or so.

Okay, man, so much news! I started seeing a wellness coach on Wednesday mornings and she helps me with stretching and upper body strengthening. The stretching is a therapeutic tool for my back, which is still having frequent painful episodes. But I think if I stick to my stretching exercises, then I will improve.... well, I'm hoping anyway. I am just going to listen to my body and see what it tells me. If I have to stop running, I have to stop running. I've come to face that fact. It's not pretty, but it's there, so I have to recognize it. Alas, I continue on in the meantime. My wellness coach has also suggested that I do yoga daily for 15 minutes. So I'm looking for any advice on yoga DVD's if anyone has any to suggest, please let me know. And keep in mind that I am a beginner, so nothin' too fancy-shmancy!

Again, sorry for such a long delay in posting but I've just been crazy lately! Please keep in touch via phone or email. And I assure you, I'll keep you posted on my training.

This week's schedule is pretty easy:
M--off running, back stretches
T--3 miles, back stretches, and ball exercises
W--3 miles, back stretches
R--3 miles, back stretches
F--off running, back stretches
S--6 miles, back stretches, and ball exercises
U--cross train (think I'm going to spin at the gym for an hour and do my ball exercises).

My new pump up music is TECHNO, baby!! Classical music made into techno is the most amazing running music because it's got such an amazing beat, you feel like you're soaring with every step. I love it! Okay, okay... I'm done. Catch ya in a few days! PHEW... that was a workout!

2 Comments:

Blogger biggirlsdotri said...

Sorry it has been so long. Thanks for your last messages and constant encouragement. I too have been away from blogland for awhile. Life is so busy, but good stuff. In any case, I wish you the best with your back recovery. I think a wellness coach is a great idea. A swim coach is awesome too. I am soooo psyched & jealous! Have a great holiday!!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Try this: http://www.activeathletegear.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=12&CFID=1634661&CFTOKEN=48524311

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home