Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Marathon Season... I Love You...

That's right folks! Brush off your running shoes and hit the pavement. It's September again and we all know what that means!! Marathon Season!! Marathon season is my favorite time of year. It's Fall, the weather is beautiful, and it's a wonderful close to Triathlon season (and a welcome thought to steer clear of the pool for a while).

I've mentioned before about my scoliosis resulting in some nerve damage in my back. Last week was pretty bad for me and I couldn't do to much working out. Conversely, this week has been awesome!! Since it is September, I have started my long distance training for running. Last night I ran 4.5 miles, which isn't too far, but I felt like running more than the required 3. I'm using Hal Higdon's 18 week marathon training plan this year. It seems very similar to the plan I've used in the past so I think it will be useful. I'm extending the plan to 21 weeks since I like to take it easy around Christmas and I am planning the marathon to be in March rather than February. I haven't settled on a marathon yet though and have been considering many. I just can't decide. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I want a fast course!

This week I have the "Underground In Transit Triathlon". I'm super excited about that; it should be fun and very casual. If you're interested in knowing more about that, CLICK HERE!!

Okay, I'm off...

5 Comments:

Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Thanks for your help on the blog stuff. Your right, I like the fall as well, better weather, but I still need pool training, yuk!
Rockon`

8:25 PM  
Blogger liz said...

hey Elizabeth ! i'm so happy for you. it seems like running is our favorite tri sport. i am sorry about your nerve condition. trust me, i understand what being to told to 'stay off your feet' is like. i wish you the best marathon training season so far. i can't to hear more about your training.

btw, how did the quinoa turn out ? later !

2:11 PM  
Blogger triscott said...

damm my space I cannot e mail you or message, weird anyways I need persoanl coaching lol

6:09 PM  
Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Which Higdon plan are you using? I'm using a cross between Higdon Novice and CTS.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth -- suggestions for a marathon? I know it'd be a trip out of the way and not the right month, but there's an inaugural marathon in Eugene, Oregon in April. I'm really looking at this becuase for all who haven't been to Eugene...it's a total running town. Maybe it's because I grew up where Prefontaine did and watched him as a kid, but it's tempting to sign up as my "A" run for '07.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home