Friday, October 06, 2006

Cheetah... well, kind of...

Well training for my marathon is coming along slowly it seems. For those of you who don't know, I have nerve issue in my back caused by scoliosis. It's slowing me some this season but I'm keeping my spirits up! I offically have 5 months and a little over a week until my marathon of choice (City of Rome Marathon). That should be enough time to get into the swing of things again.

I feel extremely lucky to be surrounded and encouraged by real athletes! Some folks who are embarking on one of the biggest challenges of their life and others who are just starting out in the world of athletics. Both groups, elite and beginners, are equally encouraging. Through the tricast that Cara and I produce, I have met so many people who honestly make my training life a lot easier. So, here's to you! If you're reading this, you're more than likely one who keeps me running through the pain and keeps a smile on my face as I jam out to my latest tunes on my MP3.

Today in my earbuds, I listened to Aerosmith! How can you not love this sport?!?! I'm about to really bump up the miles in the next couple of weeks hopefully, so I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

Cheers

11 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

My run mix is ALL about classic rock! Gotta love it!

Just keep your eye on the prize... Rome Marathon! Schweet! You know how to pick em!

9:51 AM  
Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Stay strong!! Not sure what degree your scoliosis is but have you condsidered Chiropractic care, depending on severity.

As a fellow chiro I have a few patients I treat and yes, they do have difficulties but it makes things easier.

email me if you have any questions.

Rockon that Marathon!!

You can Do IT!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Elizabeth,

Right back at you girl. Your tricast is one the things that keeps me motivated and jazzed for triathlon.

I have a PlayList on my iPod titled "Race Jams." It's what I listen to training and while setting up my tranisition areas. The tune that always plays first is, "Dream On."

Best wishes in your marathon training.

Stay tuned...

Oh yes, I'm honored to carry your aunt Betty's name with me in IM Florida.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Stick with it Elizabeth!!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks Everyone! You guys are great!! =)

3:23 PM  
Blogger triscott said...

cannot live without my pod!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Do you even understand how jealous I am that you're going to ROME to do a marathon?

Sooooooo jealous! Hope the back issues are OK!

1:25 PM  
Blogger LoneStarCrank said...

Marathon in Rome... no need for any extra iPod motivation on that run! Good luck.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Elizabeth!

My wife and I ran the Rome Marathon in '03. Have Fun!

FYI... When we ran it the aid stations were different than we expected. There were bottles of sparkling water and regular water. They also had Gatorade, but the flavors were really different than we expected. Thought I'd share.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jetpack said...

E! You moving to New Haven too? You gotta keep doing to the podcast with Cara...right?! Just over the phone now I guess.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Tap, tap, tap... is this thing still working?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home