Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Training

We have exactly ONE week until Christmas. Can you believe it?? Well everyone knows this time of year is the season when training becomes it's most burdensome. I, for one, have been on that track until recently. Last week’s training went pretty well; no real nerve issues to speak of, which is always a bonus in my world. I have a short week at work this week which is really nice, so I should be able to squeeze in an extra long run on Friday. My schedule, once again, is pretty easy this week. I didn’t manage to get to the gym on Sunday for spin, but I did frolic around the park and play Frisbee. It wasn’t quite the exercise I was looking for, but it sure was fun.

As many of you already know, I have recently moved to Plano. Luckily I live in a super neighborhood with TONS of sidewalks and parks, so I can plan all kinds of different routes for training. My recent favorite route makes a perfect rectangle about 1.45 miles in distance. Depending on the day, I take that a few times around and I’m good to go. It’s a nice run, especially since the trees are all lit with Christmas lights along the way.

When I first started running long distance, I “learned” to run in the very cold temperatures, so for some reason, I LOVE to do that. However it hasn’t been too chilly here. It’s been one extreme or the other. Today was bloody hot! Can you imagine, one week before Christmas and its mid 80’s outside. Something is wrong with that!! Anyway, no complaints… all is good.

Lastly, thanks to those of you who have sent me information on yoga. It’s been very helpful. Please keep the advice coming!

Once again, pretty easy week ahead, here’s the schedule:

M: off run, back stretches, ball exercises.
T: 3 miles and stretches
W: 3 miles and weights
R: 3 miles and stretches
F: (normally I would be off, but since I’m on vacation) 6 miles and back stretches
S: ball exercises and cross training with weights
U: 7 miles and stretches


Oh, and one more thing! For those who listen to "In Transit", the next show should be coming out in the next couple of days.

3 Comments:

Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

We have got to get together for a run. I want to show you the hills I run in West Plano.

Stay tuned...

2:53 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Yippie! Looking forward to the next In Transit podcast!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yay! Glad to hear the newest podcast. Thanks for the nutrition tips. I am going to try Fig Newtons first and when I have worked up to longer rides and runs later in the season, I am going to try Kara's approach with the gel in the Gatorade. You guys rock. I will keep you posted. Maybe if you are lucky, I will even call in and leave a message!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home